STAR benchmark

I ran on SP1.1 and a QuadroFX 1100. I didn't bother to report this earlier because it was only casual testing. I had other things going on. Playing music, browsing, etc. I shouldn't have even mentioned the number. I'd call it a bad sample. I finally remembered to install sp2.0 this morning, but I can't compare it to 1.1 because I didn't run under controlled conditions. I should try later on the other installation.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

SW 2004 SW 2005

Level 2 1s 1s

Level 3 3s 4s

Level 4 13s 18s

Level 5 94s 128s

Shuttle SN85G4

AMD 64 3000

1GB RAM

SATA 7200 HD

FX500

3GB SWITCH ENABLED

PAGE FILE ON SEPARATE PARTITION

XP PRO SP1

Best Regards,

Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

SW 2004 SW 2005

Level 2 1s 1s

Level 3 3s 4s

Level 4 13s 18s

Level 5 94s 128s

Shuttle SN85G4

AMD 64 3000

1GB RAM

SATA 7200 HD

FX500

3GB SWITCH ENABLED

PAGE FILE ON SEPARATE PARTITION

XP PRO SP1

Best Regards,

Devon T. Sowell

Muggs

Devon,

Are you using the same part.slddot file for both? I found that this can make a difference.

Reply to
TOP

SW05 SP0

AMD Athlon 2400 2GHz

512 Meg RAM NVIDIA QUADRO 4 900 XGL 1280 x 1024 32 bit

level 2 2 sec level 3 7 sec level 4 31 sec level 5 191 sec

Reply to
Bill Chernoff

Bill,

It would be interesting to see if service pack 2 helps or hinders.

Reply to
TOP

Paul,

I built the box for about $1800.00 six moths or so ago. It was cheap. We built the boxes at work a bit over a year ago for about $2200.00. Still cheap.

I'm going to compare the task manager lists tonight. The basic SW and system settings are exactly the same though. I set them both up myself.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

I'm trying to hold off paying the mordida as long as possible... Its my understanding that the "maintenance" payment is for any upgrade at all, including service packs. is that true?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Chernoff