Stock Size

I would also like to know if there is away to quickly get overall dimensions of a part into a table in a drawing?

Thanks, Darrell

Reply to
darrell.tomandl

What we do is to have 2 sketches that are dimensioned with driven dimensions at the end of our tree. We then edit the sketches and add the relations to go to the outer extremes of the part. These in turn get linked into the custom property of the part for the overall size of the piece and then have the BOM column set up for that custom property. We do the same thing for weldment tables as well.

I have a macro that you can run to find the bounding box around a model. The X, Y, Z values are then put into either separate custom properties, or combined into one property. You could then grab those properties. It will also draw a 3D sketch around the part, if you wish.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I use that macro Wayne, works very well.

Reply to
Zander

Any chance of a link?

John Layne