SW2007 beta

"Seth Renigar" a écrit dans le message de news: BFcWf.44604$ snipped-for-privacy@southeast.rr.com...

Thanks for the answer. The first reason for upgrade is the coming of some new features that will be helpful. Almost tie, is the fear that if we miss too many releases, we might encounter big pbs translating our models. And it's a good time to put everyone in class for a couple (and a half) days. Teach the upgrade, recall best practices (thanks to SW NG), and discuss company practices.

Reply to
Jean Marc

Jean Marc,

Consider carefully what this means. "Almost tie, is the fear that if we miss too many releases, we might encounter big pbs translating our models. "

We have SolidWorks files going back to the days when .prt was the file extension for parts. These files are in our vault. Given the problems that ALWAYs crop up when converting from one release to another and the fact that SW conversion utillity won't convert files under a PDM system it must always work with files from past releases no matter how far back. SW has to work year after year without requiring any rework for past models. If it does not, it is violating the data reuse assumption.

Reply to
TOP

"TOP" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Well, i think I would naively have checked them out, translated, and back in. I am surprised you are not concerned about performance hit, translating the files at opening. And if you have a reccurent translation error? --- Well I guess you have not.

Reply to
Jean Marc