Sweep problem w SW2003 SP3.1

(using SP3.1- haven't checked other SPs)

I'm getting this error when I shouldn't, doing a simple sweep along a path which is a model edge. The path starts exactly on the section plane: in fact the section plane is defined using the vertex at the end of the model edge in question.

The wierd thing is, I only get the error if I turn on "Tangent Propagation", otherwise the sweep works OK. The model edge in question is tangent to subsequent model edges, but eventually a vertex is reached where tangency no longer applies.

Anyone got any ideas?

Reply to
Andrew Troup

"Andrew Troup" wrote in news:jaNcb.159176 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.xtra.co.nz:

Use a composite curve or convert entities into a 2D or 3D sketch? Also, are you using a guide curve or just a path?

matt.

Reply to
matt

The only way I was able to get the same results was if the plane was in the middle of the tangent propagation. If I put the Plane and sketch at either end of the contour I could do tangent propagation. But if it was in the middle I could get it to follow one edge but not propagate. sw2003 sp4.0

Propagation",

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Matt

Thanks for your queries and interest

The sweep profile is a 2D derived sketch. The path is a model edge. The derived sketch lies on a plane defined using the vertex at the end of the model edge in question.

There are no guide curves

Reply to
Andrew Troup

Thanks Corey

I think you've hit the nail on the head

It seems that if you want to propagate a sweep IN ONE DIRECTION ONLY from a vertex which lies part way along a set of edges which are tangentially connected, you need to make a composite curve for the path, using only the edge segments in the direction you wish the sweep to travel.

I seem to remember having known this, once upon a time!

Thanks for taking time to solve this

Andrew Troup

Reply to
Andrew Troup