tablet or spacepilot

I've got some wrist problems , so i'm looking for a wacom tablet or a

3d connexion - spacepilot , if anyone has either of these that they don't use and are willing to sell, let me know, i could do with a change from a regular mouse.

Thanks Mo.

Reply to
mo

"mo" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@u36g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

Hi Mo,

spacepilot is only an addition for the left hand while using a regular pointing device like a mouse in your right hand (or vice versa). They advertise "50% less mouse clicks" but with clever key configs the safeing is not that big. Anyway I also use a 3dx controler to toggle and zoom my cad files and I like it very much. A graphic tablet might do the job as a real mouse replacement, but be aware that speed and precission while never be the same when it comes to selecting thin lines or points in cad geometry.

Best hint for cureing you wrist:

work less ;-)

get well soon!

Jojo

Reply to
JOJO

I used to use a graphics tablet with a previous CAD app (Applicon Bravo) with a pen that had a "button" in the tip and 2 on the sides. It was great, and there were no precision problems. A pen is MUCH more comfortable to hold than a mouse, as the natural resting position of your hand if your arm is on a table is pretty much the same as when holding a pen.

That said, Bravo used "tablet symbols" (also referred to as "keystroke recognition"), so a pen had other advantages.

I use a Space Traveller and it's a big help with SolidWorks, and will probably also help to a degree with your wist problems. They're cheap now, so it's not a big investment if it doesn't solve your problems entirely.

John H

Reply to
John H

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the info on StrokeIt. I'll give it a try, if only to reminisce about Bravo!

The thing I loved about Bravo tablet symbols was the way they could be so readily used to pick part geometry or screen coordinates as the input to a macro (or were they called 'cprocs'?)

Cheers, John H

Reply to
John H

Boy, that was a long time ago..I do remember tying them into some FIT (flexible interface tool) programs I wrote. But I would be lost to try to replicate that feat..

Have a good one, Jeff

Reply to
WormSign