Trouble picking temp axes

Has anyone had trouble with this?

I just noticed that I have to pick the tempory axis within the part. Iow, if I have a centerline extended beyond the part, I can't pick it.

Maybe I wasn't clear......
Iow, if I have a centerline extended beyond the part, I can't pick the centerline outside the part. I have to pick the centerline within the part. Hope that helps.

TOP wrote:

In 2007 I do have problems picking a second temp axis after dimensioning to it but haven't had problems in 2006
-
Are you using a selection filter? Is this specific to 2007? I'm using 2006 with no trouble picking a temp axis, or multiple axis.
Diego
j wrote:

Sorry,
This is 2006 and I am working in assemblies. I can pick one axis but not certain other ones.
TOP wrote:

No problem at all here. SW2006 SP5.0EV What's your specific example? Maybe send me the files and I will try it here?
My first thought is that if you are trying to use them for mates, they are not valid for various reasons. If you can't pick an axis as part of a set, can you pick it first and then you are not able to pick the other one? Can you pick both if they are part of the first mate in the assy? Etc.
WT

Wayne,
The one temp axis is pretty much unpickable even when picked before entering any command. We are trying to use the measure tool.