PDMWorks API selection manager?

Does anyone know how to access (via PDMWorks API code) what documents are currently selected in the PDMWorks pane . . .

I would like to be able to automate our batch release process by taking information from PDMWorks and send it to MS Word. This macro would begin with several documents selected, and then take information from those selected documents and place that information in word.

I have a working version for the current open document but this will only work for a single document and does not interface with PDMWorks at all.

There is an example from the PDMWorks API called "Get Specific Document Example (VB) " but I need to get information from the selected documents . . .

If there is such a selection manager for PDMWorks then I would also use it to develop a quick copy to clipboard the path of something in the vault. (IE: Project>Subproject>File) (Similar to MS Powertoy "Sendto Clipboard as Name")

Reply to
bnutter

What you want to do isn't possible with the method you are using. The PDMWorks API is WOEFULLY weak and lacking.

PDMWorks dialogues aren't exposed in the API making it impossible to trap events.

You'll have to write a complete standalone app/macro to do what you want.

Reply to
Tim Markoski