UnHandling Error/Crashes upon Rebuilds

Ok, time to turn to the masses for Help. I have had several assembly drawing files become unstable and start repeatably crashing while adding annotations (balloons and notes). (Note: I did customize my keyboard for ease and speed; B=balloon & N=notes) Does anybody else experience multiple Unhandling Errors, especially when adding annotations and/or Rebuilding file?? Did anyone else customize their keyboard? and are you experiencing any problems?

Thanks........

Reply to
wentz

I use LOTS of keyboard shortcuts and have not noticed anything unusual like that in drawings. We did have an instance of a user crashing out of a drawing that had to do with selecting dimensions that were driven, but the crashing portion was apparently resolved with SP3.0.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

wentz,

I too have always had lots of keyboard shortcuts and not had any significant problems. Lately, I have been seeing an increase in crashes. But, it doesn't seem to be related to keyboard shortcuts. The most recent crashes seem to be occurring while trying to open files.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

I've always had Hotkeys (or a customized keyboard) since I began using Solidworks (ver97) without a snag, but Since we installed 2004 I've seen lots of problems. Out of a group of approx 20, I have had the most cases of crashes. Trying to investigage why or how, we realized I'm the only one that works from a customized keyboard.. Maybe a long-shot. Must end the crashes.. Crashes waste time and frustrate users..

Reply to
wentz

I guess a way to test that would be to close SW & rename your .CUS file so it can't be found. Then work that way for long enough to decide if it's better. However, life without hotkeys is not a life worth living. :-)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany