Urgent help pls! Putting black text on a chrome cylindrical face in PhotoWorks

Hi all,

I have an urgent need to get a picture back to a customer. He has provided their company logo as a JPG, black text on a white background. I need to show it wrapped around a cylindrical component. The Component is chromed.

How on earth do I do that? I know that I can wrap the image as a decal but how to get the background to disappear so it looks like black text on a chrome surface?

Help!

Thanks

Flynt

Reply to
Flynt

Flynt,

You will likely need to modify the JPG image (us> Hi all,

Reply to
POH

For a decal like this,.. after you insert your image file (decal preview),.. select the "mask image" options below,.. choose "selective color mask",.. then, click on the eyedropper icon then, select the white area (RGB 255,255,255) on the decal preview,.. if there is more wht/gray noise (i.e.,.. RGB 254,253,254,.. jpg's create noise, the edges are not crisp),.. keep using the eyedropper to mask as much as you can,... if that isn't clean enuf, you'll have to do some editing or recreate a cleaner B/W logo label (and save it as a PNG with a alpha channel.. Otherwise, you can also use the other "image mask file" option which mask out the background using a inverted or negative image. In either case, you can save the changes to a *.P2D decal file to preserve your changes.

..

Reply to
zxys

oh, and,... chrome is basically "BLACK" so, with black on black,..you'll have to add some contrast... either add a small amount color difference, texture or surface finish to enhance the contrast?

..

Reply to
zxys

Reply to
lee baz

for a quick workaround,.. if you can't get chrome to work easily,.. try one of the other reflective metals, such as, mercury.

..

Reply to
zxys