use of Lcatra software with Solidworks

Has anyone ever tried using Lectra software in conjunction with solidworks. I would like to see if SW can somehow work with Lectra when it comes down to creating flat patterns from fabric. I need to make a dirigible type craft that inflates and floats.

Rich

Reply to
Rich D

Their software info says there is a Catia importer available... as another idea perhaps you should talk to some sail lofts about what they use - possibly there is another format available with other software. I take it this is maybe a toy 'melon' or something and not a rigid inflatable... We have a company locally that makes welded PVC inflatable slides,and items for exhibitions, fairgrounds, sports events and the like maybe there is someone like that near you can talk to. Sometimes I have helped them out with patterns cunningly made using SW sheetmetal to unroll surfaces and they used their practical experience of fabric stretch and seams to modify that on the cutting floor and in some cases a complete prototype was made to check appearances. Probably for something like this they would put circles at the end - to avoid seams being all together - and cut long segments just like a beach ball. maybe this helps..possibly not :o)

Reply to
neil