Viewing Direction

Let's say you make a plane and then click the "Normal To" button to look
at it but Solidworks looks at it from the wrong direction. Is there a way
to change it so that you can just click the button but view the plane from
the other direction?
Thanks,
Mike Lambert
Reply to
Mike Lambert
"Mike Lambert" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...
Double click does it. Broken in 2004 SP 5.0
JM
Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN
flip sides of the normal to plane is fixed in sp01.1.
However, he may also be referring to the situation when you select normal to, and it is the correct "side" of the plane, but 90° off the logical screen viewing orientation - so xy viewed flat on screen is rotated 90° so y is the bottom edge of the screen, and x is the right edge. And no, I have never found a workaround to that oddity.
Daniel
Reply to
daniel
And if you pick a face and another face it even orients the right way.
Reply to
P.
A little more explanation. Pick the "normal to" face and then pick another face. When you hit the button, the view will be normal to the first face, with the second face toward the top of the screen.
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
Thanks for the help. But, double clicking the icon doesn't work. I am using Solidworks 2005 SP 0.1. Is that fixed in SP1.1? I did find that if I click one plane, then another the view does orientate correctly. The reason I was asking is becuase I am trying to draw a 3D part per a 2D sketch. When I made a plane for a section view and then clicked on it, it did not look at the plane in the same direction as the section view on the print. I figured there had to be a way to do it. Thanks again for all your help.
Mike
Reply to
Mike Lambert
I just tried it with 2004 (works ok) 2005 SP0.1 (no work) and 2005 SP1.1 (works great.)
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
I did not know that. Thanks!
Reply to
daniel
Yes, fixed in 1.1 And it is not so much double clicking, as it is that each click will flip the view to the opposite side of the plane.
Reply to
daniel