Cosmos Express & Mr Pickles

"Mr. Pickles Jul 20 2004, 6:18 pm show options

You CAN get the actual deflection though. If you want to know how, I wrote it up in our User Group newsletter once last year. If you want to see it, here is a link to the PDF, and the Deflection issue is in the middle (or so) of the PDF. Others have asked for it and it helped them.

Mr. Pickles"

Mr Pickles if you are still out there, your link appears to be no longer valid, would it be possible to see to share it again. I believe that this can now be done on SW2005 but our IT dep't still haven't gotten round to installing it yet.

Reply to
mik

Cool, I would really like to know that too. I thought you had to have cosmosworks to get that info.

Daniel

Reply to
daniel

Yes, this is now a function of 2005 Solidworks with CosmosXpress. Go to Tools, CosmosXpress, On the welcome screen, click the Options button. Here you will have a checkbox for "Show Max/min value callouts in results plots" or something similar to that. Once you are viewing the results plots, both the Stress and Displacement plots witll have a Max/Min callout attached to the model with the ACTUAL value for that specific plot. I am truly surprised more people are not aware of this. In Solidworks 2003 when CosmosXpress was added, many users were demanding this type of infomation, you asked and Solidworks delivered. I think it makes CosmosXpress even more useful than it was. Good luck.

JF

Reply to
jimfrancis2000

I'm in Mr. Pickles user group. I talked to him the other day & found out that Mr. Pickles website hosting people are currently having problems. It will be fixed when it can.

Steve Tietz

Reply to
Steve Tietz