Where's the Moderator???

How can it be that a Forum of this size and magnitude is without a Moderator? I remember when I signed in here for the first time, I had to agree to quite a few restrictions with regards to the content of my thread and my general conduct and my language, with supposedly serious consequenses, if my agreement were breached. These three or four miscarriages , I think that only God knows how many there actually are, conduct themselves in such a way as to be as counterproductive as you are going to get. I personally know of 4 highly skilled former members of this group, who absolutely refuse to look in on it whatsoever, due to the childish nonsense that goes on here. Mind you that these men that I speak of are exremely compassionate souls who in the past have helped numerous users here with detailed answers to their questions including making custom tutorials and presentations to aid them further. The conduct of these people causes a total breakdown of the prime mission of this Group, which is to aid those of lesser skills by their inquiries to those of higher skill. You three, or four, or whatever...how can you not know what disgusting hemeroidal wastes of humanity you are, and you, John Banquer, remember my name...Benjamin Halpin... if it is true that you attend Solidworks seminars in the San Diego area , and I truly hope that it is, then you have to confront me sooner or later. You are unforgiven, sir, and I will lay in the tall grass as long as I have to, to confront you.

Ben Halpin

Reply to
ben-halpin

Ya, this forum is starting to remind me of one of those childish video game forums......What a shame......

Reply to
thestew

(Sorry it recalls me an old commercial) a écrit dans le message de news:

No other way than use filters to plonk the most annoying characters. It's not that hard, and life is soo much better afterwards.

Reply to
Jean Marc

There are several folks who pride themselves on being part of the problem. They have made Usenet into Losernet. Nothing is to be done except screen or ignore.

I come here to help those I might possibly help. I will continue to do so, regardless of the trolls.

Meanwhile, I recommend eng-tips.com. It's "over-moderrated", which means certain people aren't allowed in there anymore. Lots of great SW experts dying to tackle your latest SW problem.

Reply to
That70sTick

Any chance that I'm included here? Please?

Reply to
mich

[...]

"This is not a list. This is not a board. This is not some web page forum with rules and moderators. This is USENET. The wild west of online communication. Where trolls and flames roam rampant. Where you keep your asbestos underpants handy if you lack wit (or have an ego that greatly exceeds your actual abilities). If you don't like it, feel free to run back to the comfortable safety of moderated web forums and mailing lists where everyone lives in enforced peace and harmony in the land of Nod." -Cichlidiot

Hope that helps.

Reply to
Black Dragon

Black Dragon aka Flaming Asshole is the moderator. If you want to post sissy shit about solidwoks, he'll boot you out. To post here you have to think you know mor about machining than anyone else. Nothing elsxe is important. Since machinists all could make a space shuttle in their backyards given only the time and enough aluminum (and a little extra back yard traded for left over ego), machinists are intrinsically superior to engineers. So if you show enginerring type qualities such as asking why too much, you will be booted and sent to the chambers.

Aye Aye mon Fuerer!!

Daisy vonKlimscht

Reply to
FlowerPot

FlowerPot wrote in news:46e86cca$0$16370$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com:

Hrm....vewwwy intewwesting (in my best elmer fudd voice).... I'm an Engineer type, being an ME, and all the regulars know that, and I've been participating in this newsgroup for quite a few years...funny that I haven't had the first issue of any significance with anyone here. However, apparently unlike you, I am also a machinist, and make parts regularly for my own designs. I respect what these folks are able to accomplish, and the knowledge they have aquired over the years, because I understand very well what they do and the skills it requires. It is quite apparent that you do not, so take your elitist 'I'm better than thou because I have a degree on the wall' attitude, and just blow.

Reply to
Anthony

Damn, people here have this problem with reading and hallucinations. When did I say I had a degree on the wall?

So you can stand in the line to blow me now. Thanks.

Daisy.

Reply to
FlowerPot

Ah yes. Silly me. How forgetful I am. Sorry about that.

.sig fixed.

HTH

Reply to
Black Dragon

Why do I get the impression that we are talking about an engineer whose work routinely gets laughed at by machinists?

Reply to
mich

Anthony, Dittos, and thanks.

Best, Steve

Reply to
GarlicDude

Did you see that...engineer on engineer!...That's what I'm tALKIN bOUT!!

Reply to
vinny

Perhaps you should hang around airport washrooms and leave posting to newsgroups to others.

Reply to
mich

FlowerPot wrote in news:46e8853f$0$16339$88260bb3 @free.teranews.com:

I believe you are the one with the dilusions, reading and comprehension skill issues. I _did not_ say you had a degree on the wall. I said you have the _degree on the wall attitude_. Please do try and actually _read and comprehend_ a post before you go off replying offhand. It just makes you look like you belong in the same category as JB & Cliff when you don't.

Reply to
Anthony

For shame !!

How do you think BD got thru HS?