1.8 to 3mm bi-color LEDs

Looking for a source of red/green bi-color LEDs with good mixing of the two colors (diffused lens) when running both.

3 lead preferred, 2 lead can be used if needed. I think I've tried every one in the digikey and mouser catalogs without success.

Have tried quite a number of surface mount parts as well, but you can clearly see two seperate points of light, one red, the other green, rather than the desired yellow.

Any ideas?

Bob

Reply to
Robert Reimiller

You could try sanding the clear lens with very fine sandpaper, or painting over it with a very thin white paint to create your own diffused lens...

Reply to
Joe Ellis

Go to a theatrical lighting supplier and look for diffusion media. You can pick up a slice (20x23" iirc) for

Reply to
Charles Krug

All Electronics LED-67 33mm; red/green; 3-lead; milky-white off-state LED-66 33mm; yellow/green; diffused; 2-lead (bent leads) LED-97 33mm; green/yellow; diffused; milky-white off-state; 2-lead

Reply to
Michael