American diesel locomotives quiz

Ah, two of the four answers were related locos while the other was the old designation for a loco and the last was an abortion of a loco by EMD. Not hard at all.

Bob May

I'd give you a 9.9 on that. The thing that got me on that question (still got it right) is that it was the only question that wasn't multiple choice. I'm not used to saying that phrase as a singular so I typed in the plural and that is the really right answer.

Bob May

Maybe Alex Trebek was running the quiz...you know how picky he gets on Jeopardy! now and then!!

Reply to
Steve Hoskins

Because THAT was the train for which ATSF specifically ordered the first of the high levels for. Although they eventually showed up on most all ATSF first line trains, they were the showpiece of the re-equipped El Capitan in the mid 50's (1955 IIRC).

So, not so obvious in my opinion, unless you knew the answer.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Ken Jennings would have gotten it right.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

9 of 10. Missed the one about DL-109s on the CNW....

Kennedy

Reply to
Kennedy (no longer not on The Haggis!)

The El Capitan was renowned for the bi-level cars.

Kennedy

Reply to
Kennedy (no longer not on The Haggis!)

Mark=A0Mathu wrote:

The quiz has a slight Chicago & North Western bias to it... I got 8 out

10 - I obviously need to learn a little more about Union Pacific gas turbines and Amtrak's Superliners.

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
to 1,100 sites:

Bill