Another Newbie Question

For the height of the table do you include the thickness of the styrofoam? In my case 2". I was going to make the bench height 46", but with the styrofoam it would be 48 which seems very high.

Thanks ChrisGW

Reply to
ChrisGW

for convenience I guess lower is better - for "aspect" I like a higher table - maybe you could make it on adjustable legs?

just to complicate things

:)

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

Layout height is quite subjective. I tend to like shoulder height. Some like the bird's eye view.

Reply to
Corelane

Rather than try to follow specific guidelines, which are for guidance only, you should adjust the height of your layout to accomodate your height and your ability to reach the deepest part of the layout to be able to do things. If you knock over scenery to re-rail cars because your height is so high is a problem. Likewise if you get a back ache every time you work on the layout, can be a problem to . In other words, experiment with the height and find the one that suits your physical build and what you need to do.

Reply to
AKnieriem

Well the bench is staying at 46". I will build a step stool to stand on to reach things. In fact I will make two of them. One for the grandson too.

Thanks all.

ChrisGW

Reply to
ChrisGW