Atlas Commander and NCE

I have an Atlas Commander and have purchased my second decoder it being a NCE like my first decoder and with both decoders I have had a lot of problem programming them. It took a long time to program the address into them. Is this a normal thing? Also, could it be that I am powering my Atlas Commander with a MRC TechII 1400 power pack? Also neither decoder is keeping the speed step settings that I am programming into them, any ideas?

Any suggestions?

Thanks Kevin Brant Ontario, Canada

Reply to
Kevin Brant

problem programming them< NCE and other decoder usually program very easily.

Using DecoderPro and my system it takes a couple of seconds.

Reply to
Jon Miller

On the speed step settings, are the speed step modes the same in the AC and the NCE? If you run in 128 speed step mode, make sure your AC is capable of programming in that mode, or it might cause the NCE to revert back to 28 speed step operation.

Reply to
DCC Models

Isn't that more a function of the command station, rather than the individual decoder?

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Yes. The original question is long deleted but I believe I was trying to be nice to the command station!

Reply to
Jon Miller