Proto 2000 S3 and decoder?

I have two P2k S3's and want to convert them to DCC, the instructions state replace the current board with a decoder and replace the headlights. But it
never mentions what decoder will fit. Any idea or suggestions?
Kevin Brant
Kevin
Digitrax suggests a DZ123PS on their web site. http://www.digitrax.com/prd_mobdec_dz123ps.php It has the 8 pin plug for the plug and play and BEMF
I have used a DN142 in a Proto2000 S1 and it runs a treat.
Nigel
--
Western Pacific Model Railways
http://www.wave.co.nz/~lakewood/MyWP.htm

I have a couple of the Proto 2000 HO scale S-1 and S-2 models. I used the Digitrax DN142 in mine and replaced the headlight arrangement in the cab end with a real bulb. I kept the light board, but is slightly modified.

Captain Handbrake