Proto 2000 S3 and decoder?

I have two P2k S3's and want to convert them to DCC, the instructions state replace the current board with a decoder and replace the headlights. But it never mentions what decoder will fit. Any idea or suggestions?

Kevin Brant

Reply to
Kevin Brant

Kevin

Digitrax suggests a DZ123PS on their web site.

has the 8 pin plug for the plug and play and BEMF

I have used a DN142 in a Proto2000 S1 and it runs a treat.

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Nichols

I have a couple of the Proto 2000 HO scale S-1 and S-2 models. I used the Digitrax DN142 in mine and replaced the headlight arrangement in the cab end with a real bulb. I kept the light board, but is slightly modified.

Captain Handbrake

Reply to
Captain Handbrake