Bachmann Fairburn / DCC

Hi,

Just finished running in my bachmann fairburn loco, and want to fit the DCC chip. Instructions state to just plug it in, with no mention of removing the inductors and capacitors that are littered about the circuit board. Do I take them off or do I leave them on?

As a side note... it's a lovely loco.

Reply to
Me

"Me" wrote

Agreed on the latter pont.

With regard to the capacitors and inductors, I'd be inclined to 'suck it and see'. Try running without removing them, and if it works to your satisfaction then leave them, otherwise get rid.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , John Turner writes

Don't remove the inductors (the copper-coloured rolls of wire) unless you are going to replace them with plain wire, because if you do your loco won't run.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan