Bachmann 'DCC on board' locos

Hello

I am looking for some definitive information on the new Bachmann 'DCC on board' locos and also their 'DCC Sound' locos.

When are the first ones due for release?

Regarding the 'DCC on board' locos: which decoder has been selected and is this a circuit board without rf suppression capacitors?

Regarding 'DCC Sound' locos: is there any indication of the price yet?

Thanks in advance for responses.

Regards, Gordon

Reply to
selfgk

"selfgk" wrote

So am I, and I'm a Bachmann dealer.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , John Turner writes

Hi John, bearing in mind the shortage of information on the Bachmann DCC on Board and DCC Sound loco's, I don't suppose they've revealed whether or not they've done a proper job on the lights - with the loco rear lights independently switchable so they can be switched off when there's a train behind the engine? Ta

Reply to
Ian Birchenough

"Ian Birchenough" wrote

Hi Ian,

You have just as much information on the subject as me, which is basically what's in the 2006 catalogue. In other words, not much!

Sorry, but I genuinely know nothing more.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

John,

Is it expecting too much that there may be some information at the next open day?

Gordon

Reply to
selfgk

From the leaflet in a Bachmann GP-35 w/ DCC:

"The locomotive is equipped with a 28-step speed decoder that is factory programmed to address button 3 on NMRA-compliant DCC systems. To assign a new address or to program relative directional travel (forward or reverse operation), follow your control system manufacturer's programming instructions.

Bachmann's DCC On Board offers total lighting control, with constant lighting (if applicable) and a dimming function. The on/off lighting feature is factory programmed to function button 10 (F10) on the E-Z Command system and other NMRA compliant systems. Directional lighting is determined by how you program the locomotive to recognise forward and reverse. The dimming function is factory programmed to function button 1 (F1) on the E-Z Command system and other NMRA compliant DCC systems. When the dimming function is activated, locomotive lighting is reduced in intensity by half."

The loco is also described as "100% compatible with standard DCC railroad layouts", but I've found it does not work with a transistorised square-wave throttle that I use. It just sits there and buzzes. However, on filtered, full-wave DC, it runs, albeit noisily, and the throttle actually buzzes! I don't understand this behaviour.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir