Bachmann 9Fs

Bachmann 9Fs are sitting in the warehouse at Barwell but they are not going to ship them to the trade until after next weekend's Bachmann Open Days.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner" wrote

I've been asked by Graham Hubbard of Bachmann Europe plc to point out that next weekend'd Open Days are for the MODEL TRADE ONLY and entry is by INVITATION ONLY.

Members of the general public are not invited.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Well, I suppose it doesn't help with the number of retailers who are telling people they are off to the Bachmann Open Day to collect the

9F's. I know you havn't said that, John, but a lot of others have, and it will only encourage members of the public to ask Bachmann if they can go as well.

Do these events take place every year? I can't recall hearing about it in previous years.

Reply to
John Ruddy

"John Ruddy" wrote

They claimed this morning they were being inundated with such requests.

I was also told by Graham Hubbard that retailers attending the Open Days will NOT be given 9Fs this coming weekend, but that they will all be shipped on Tuesday next. No doubt people will report if any turn up for sale on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

It's an annual event for retailers, but it seemed a total waste of time last time I went as there was little other than a warehouse full of cardboard cartons to view, along with examples of already released models. No doubt

9Fs will be on view this time.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

There are bargains to be had though. My local shop owner was ringing his "best" customers from the wharehouse and asking if they wanted X model at the bargain price of X, and if so how many. I picked up four intermodals at £15 this way, and he was still making a profit!

Reply to
Piemanlarger

I know it's not the done thing to pick up on spelling mistakes, but I couldn't miss out on that one - is it the 'a' of the 'h' that is wrong? :-)

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

That would be 'the 'a' OR the 'h'' then Jim?

"Hoist" and "petard" are two words that spring to mind...:-)

Anyway, you made me chuckle.

Reply to
John Nuttall

He he :-)

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

"Piemanlarger" wrote

Maybe there are but after a week in the shop who wants to do a 250 mile round trip and an additional day's work on a weekend in the middle of summer?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

It's a place where one houses one's wares.

Reply to
MartinS

Neither, i am speilling in Wenglish!

Reply to
Piemanlarger

It certainly goes down well with the regular customers though John, it makes them / us / me feel important and that we are being given extra attention and the chance of a bargain for shopping locally.

Reply to
Piemanlarger