NCE D13SRJ/Gaugemaster decoders

Hi All,

Saw these on ebay,

and thought it seemed a good deal for fitting to my cheaper non DCC locos, and wondered if anyone had any experience of these.

I have purchased from this seller before and have no problem with ordering from him.

Manual for the decoders shown here

Seems like a reasonable cheap decoder, and with 8 pin NMRA plugs available for them at an additional 50p per decoder they work out at less than the cheap one function Lenz decoders and have silent running and torque boost as an added extra.

Any issues I should know about?

Eddie

Reply to
Edward Bray

They are a bit on the big side, so long as you have room for them it looks like a very good deal. I have some NCE decoders that perform well. More details on NCE here

For UK prices and comparison with other makes look here

Keith

Reply to
Keith

Edward Bray wrote

thought it seemed

had any experience of these.

them at an additional 50p per decoder they work out

torque boost as an added extra.

the smaller brother D13SR comes with wires instead of the JST socket/plug, and is sold in 10 packs as low as US$ 120 (ie $12/dec). It has 3 functions instead of 4 of the D13SRJ JST version, but is otherwise functionally identical.

cheers/jw (jens)

Reply to
Jens Wulf