Atlas Trainmaster

Any comments on the new Trainmasters from Atlas? I might be interested in an SP unit or two for the secondary era that I model. Primary era is mid to late '30s.

Reply to
Rick Jones

Very nicely done model. Trucks look real good, body shell is first class as far as quality of die work and molding is concerned. Units run very well. You will have to decide for yourself if certain SP specific details are suitable. Get the units with no sound. The sound is expensive and it is very poor. The unit does not sound like a Train Master, plus the sound is both "tinny" and "muddy" at the same time. Not good value received for the price. ........F>

Reply to
Captain Handbrake

Well weighted, pulls great.

Several members at the club, who claim to have actually seen and heard TrainMasters, have stated that it sounds JUST like the TrainMasters of their memories.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

They LOOK very nice, come in five variations appropriate to the prototypes being modeled, come in both DC and DCC+sound versions, and have received excellent reviews in the model RR press.

I'll know more when my three VGN versions with DCC+sound are all paid for and out of lay-away in a couple weeks! :-)

Side note: I'm really satisfied with the Atlas AEM7 locos ... I have six (3 pair in different Amtrak schemes), have run them a lot, and have had zero problems with any of them. They look good and run excellently. If the Trainmasters are nearly as good, I'll be happy.

Dan Mitchell ============

Reply to
Daniel A. Mitchell