Borden's Fine Cheese HO Box car model and decals

I am a fan of the red, white and blue paint scheme that has been used on the State of Maine cars and the version used by the New Haven.
Recently, I picked up a Tyco or Mantua box car that used a red, white and blue similar scheme with the lettering Borden's Fine Cheese in the middle band. Does anyone know if this is a fantasy billboard reefer or was this used on both mechanical and iced reefers?
I have gone through many years of Model Railroader and RMC and have yet to see an article about such cars. Does anyone know of any documentations about such and did Champ ever make a decal sheet for the car?
Thanks, Ed
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I haven't poked around in a Railway Register in a long time but I don't think that Borden ever had any cars. I will note that there is a line called "Head On Collision" which had some tank cars. Black with a HOCX designation.
-- Why isn't there an Ozone Hole at the NORTH Pole?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 7/22/05 2:30 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@news-1.nethere.net, "Bob

Different kind of car, I know, but who owned the BFIX reporting marks on the Borden's "butter dish" tank cars?
--
Brian Ehni



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Brian Paul Ehni wrote:
>> I haven't poked around in a Railway Register in a long time but I >> don't think that Borden ever had any cars.
> Different kind of car, I know, but who owned the BFIX reporting marks > on the Borden's "butter dish" tank cars?
BFIX were for Borden's Farm Products Division,
BMPX were for Borden Company, Manufactured Product Division,
BWIX were for Borden-Wieland, Chicago Milk Division.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Bob May wrote:
> I haven't poked around in a Railway Register in a long time but I > don't think that Borden ever had any cars.
They did.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Ed wrote:
> I am a fan of the red, white and blue paint scheme that has been used > on the State of Maine cars and the version used by the New Haven. > Recently, I picked up a Tyco or Mantua box car that used a red, white > and blue similar scheme with the lettering Borden's Fine Cheese in > the middle band. Does anyone know if this is a fantasy billboard > reefer or was this used on both mechanical and iced reefers?
I think it's probably a fantasy scheme - is the model a steel car?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
The model is a steel car with ice hatches on the roof.
Ed
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 7/22/05 9:04 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, "Ed"

IIRC, I had one like it in HO made by Train-Miniature, but that was long ago.
--
Brian Ehni



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Ed wrote:
> The model is a steel car with ice hatches on the roof.
Definitely a fantasy scheme, then.
All the best,
Mark
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Polytechforum.com is a website by engineers for engineers. It is not affiliated with any of manufacturers or vendors discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.