Building Bridges

Does anyone have any recommended books / web sites on building bridges / trestles? I'd like to bring my track through a 90 degree turn on a bridge but I don't know how possible/realistic this would be.

Thoughts/Comments?

Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence van der Meer

A Guide to Designing and Building Bridges for Your Layout by Bob Hayden

...Bill

My O Gauge Homepage

Corelane

LvdM> Does anyone have any recommended books / web sites on building bridges / LvdM> trestles? I'd like to bring my track through a 90 degree turn on a LvdM> bridge but I don't know how possible/realistic this would be.

Not with a bridge. A trestle or viaduct might be OK. There is a good Kalmbach book: "Model Railroad Bridges and Trestles". Visit

for more information.

LvdM> LvdM> Thoughts/Comments? LvdM> LvdM> Lawrence LvdM> LvdM>

Reply to
Robert Heller

Lawrence=A0van=A0der=A0Meer wrote: Does anyone have any recommended books / web sites on building bridges / trestles? I'd like to bring my track through a 90 degree turn on a bridge but I don't know how possible/realistic this would be.

-------------------------------------------------- "Model Railroad Bridges and Trestles":

History of N Scale:
Links to over 500 helpful sites:

Bill

Certainly trestles or viaducts are considered types of bridges.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

"M> Robert Heller wrote... "M> >> Does anyone have any recommended books / web sites on building bridges / "M> >> trestles? I'd like to bring my track through a 90 degree turn on a "M> >> bridge but I don't know how possible/realistic this would be. "M> >

"M> > Not with a bridge. A trestle or viaduct might be OK. "M> "M> Certainly trestles or viaducts are considered types of bridges.

Only in a broad, all-encompassing sort of way. I was *trying* to be more specific without resorting to a statement like:

"Not a deck girder, beam, through girder, deck truss, though truss, suspension, arch, continuous truss, or cantilever bridge."

(I *think* that is the complete list of what *I* mean by a 'bridge', excepting trestles and viaducts.)

Generally *I* don't think of trestles or viaducts as being 'bridges' except in a rather broad sense of the term.

Note: even trestles or viaducts are almost never built as a continuous curve

-- they are built as many *short* straight spans connected at slight angles. Trestles or viaducts generally have far shorter 'spans' than a bridge normally would have.

Reply to
Robert Heller