Can't Find My Old Book

I'm hoping someone here remembers an old book I used to have, (actually, I still have it, but cannot find it.)

It was a good book about model railroading in general, but the 'how to' was strictly HO scale (1:87) The cover had green on it, and a photo of a guy at a hand held control at an around the wall type layout. The guy (I believe) is wearing a funny looking hat. It might instead be a guy and his son.

I cannot remember the title, but it came out probably in the 1980's and it was a really good general 'how to' for model railroading, from history of the hobby, benchwork, trackwork, kitbashing, basic painting. It even had some track plans.

If anyone remembers this book, I just want the title, so I can lok it up just in case the urge hits to try and find it for purchase again.

It annoys me that I've looked all over my house and cannot find this book. It's not something I would have chucked.

Thanks, Dave Rutan

Reply to
Railharper

Railharper wrote in news:3b2f4e85-f0d2-4a89-bfe9- snipped-for-privacy@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com:

It wasn't the Model Railroad that Grows, by Linn Wescott, was it? (That's the first book to come to mind.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

----------------------------------------------------------------------------=

Browse these model railroad books...

And as soon as you locate the title and order another copy, the one you misplaced will turn up within a few days.

The voice of experience!

History of N Scale:
's Store--Books, Trains, and Toys:
to 1,200 sites:

Bill

----------------------------------------------------------------------------=

Might be "HO Railroad from Start to Finish" by Jim Kelly...

History of N Scale:
's Store--Books, Trains, and Toys:
to 1,200 sites:

Bill

The voice of experience wins. I made a last ditch effort to find it in a weird place, and there it was, in the cabinet I used to store important stuff in before I got my layout started.

Here's the book:

Thanks Guys, Dave

Reply to
Railharper