Chicago & North Western - Escanaba, Michigan

I thought you might enjoy a 1953 picture of the C&NW station in Escanaba, Michigan. My father took this picture during a trip to take his father back to Michigan after living with us in California.

If the above link wraps-around to another line, try the following shortcut:

Gary Edstrom

I did indeed appreciate your picture of this station as my family is from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.The quality of the photo is remarkable from the available film of that era.

Phil

Reply to
azrock

Yes, Kodachrome film was and is known for two things: Rich color, and stable color that doesn't fade with time.

Unfortunately, my father also used some cut-rate film and processing at times. Some of his other old pictures are almost beyond recovery because they have faded so badly.

Here is my personal favorite:

It was his 1948 Cadillac. The picture was taken in 1952. I was only 3 years old at the time. The original transparency was moderately faded and it took some time experimenting to get the colors back to this level.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Edstrom

That's a great shot and a nice slice of history! Thanks...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano