Clubs in the state of Washington

I will be moving to Issaquah, Washington. That is about 20 miles from Seattle. Are there any clubs within an hours drive? Any web sites would be appreciated as well. Thanks

Frank Rosenbaum

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

Frank,

You'll enjoy good modeling as well as prototype action in western Washington.

One well known area club is Boeing Employees Model RR Club located in Kent. See for info. They hold an annual swap meet which is always well attended - next coming up Nov. 11. Don't have names of other clubs but they do exist, depends on your interests of course. NMRA active here also.

A number of good hobby shops around here. For example, Seattle Train Center , North End Train Center , Eastside Trains and others listed in back of Model Railroader mag. All of these places should be within an hour of your new location. And this area has several active and operating RR museums, one in Snoqualmie is within 15 miles of you -- Northwest Railway Museum . Have fun......

HHH.

Frank A. Rosenbaum wrote:

Reply to
H Hurley Sr

Thank you very much for the information. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to get to the train show this year. (that seems to happen a lot to me) We are taking possession of the house on Monday Nov. 6 and the furniture will arrive later that week and I am planning to be unpacking. I will however, look them up.

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

There is the Washington state Historical museum show december Event: Eleventh Annual Model Train Festival at the History Museum

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 to Monday, January 01, 2007

Put on your conductor?s hat and get ready for a ride through the golden age of railroads! During this seven-day-event, train enthusiasts young and old will be able to marvel at elaborate train sets, learn about the history of railroads in Washington State and take part in hands-on exhibits. Visitors can see the History Museum?s permanent model train layout, which is the largest in the state of Washington. This fabulous exhibit is built and operated by the Puget Sound Model Railroad Engineers. During the Train Festival, temporary displays will include layouts from Mount Rainer N-Scale, Pierce County Lionel Club, Puget Sound Model Railroad Engineers and Tacoma Northwestern Model Railroad Club. Especially designed for children are the LEGO Christmas Train Display by TrainBuilder Productions, Clint Cannon?s Kids Play G Scale, Mary?s Big Circus and the Washington State Operation Lifesaver booth.

Location: Washington State History Museum

You can learn about Washington State and Look at several clubs in the area.

Also checkout

to learn what is hapening in the area.

Welcome top the Great North West

Garry Streeter President TNWMRR.org