DCC?

There are plenty examples of Pi running JMRI without problems.

Reply to
ten

I've stayed with release 10.04 for that very reason. As have a lot of other folks.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Hello there,

that is news (and interesting) to me. Does it run the JMRI suite in a windowed environment like xfce? All mentions I have seen are about using the Raspberry Pi as a 'headless' computer (basically a JMRI server with WiThrottle)

I remember reading something like that the Java version available in the hardware floating point version of the operating system was not suitable for JMRI, while the 'soft float' operating system-supplied version was too slow.

gives some information on such a set-up. Personally, I feel that a used laptop like my IBM T60 is a more flexible machine, where you can program decoders and run the layout as well.

N.F.

Reply to
Nick Fotis

Are you looking for something like RocRail? A sample config with the RasPi is shown at .

Reply to
Werner Flamme