DCC?

On 31/01/2014 23:34, Nick Fotis wrote:

Ops, I meant "exchanged the 1.6 GHz CPU for a 2.0 GHz T7200 CPU".
N.F.
On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 23:34:21 +0200, Nick Fotis wrote:

I've stayed with release 10.04 for that very reason. As have a lot of other folks.
--
Where have all the flowers gone? Pete Seeger 1919-2014

On 31-Jan-2014 10:21 PM, Nick Fotis wrote:

There are plenty examples of Pi running JMRI without problems.
On 01/02/2014 02:17, ten wrote:

Hello there,
that is news (and interesting) to me. Does it run the JMRI suite in a windowed environment like xfce? All mentions I have seen are about using the Raspberry Pi as a 'headless' computer (basically a JMRI server with WiThrottle)
I remember reading something like that the Java version available in the hardware floating point version of the operating system was not suitable for JMRI, while the 'soft float' operating system-supplied version was too slow.
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/68432-wireless-dcc-system-for-%C2%A390-using-sprog-raspberry-pi-and-jmri/ gives some information on such a set-up. Personally, I feel that a used laptop like my IBM T60 is a more flexible machine, where you can program decoders and run the layout as well.
N.F.