lionel smoke fluid

What can I use instead of smoke fluid? 3 in 1 oil? wd40?

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 02:18:02 +0000, Sep
I've seen baby oil being used on a layout at an exhibition in England next to a friend's where he had his prize winning scratch built O-scale Great Western broad gauge locomotives and cars running, and it left a deposit on his beautiful paint jobs and on the track leading to bad running.
I've never seen smoke units that look like the real thing and since a lung problem that left me with breathing difficulties a few years ago I avoid them like the plague.

Megasteam
http://megasteam.com/
The stuff ROCKS! I would not use anything else. Even in the old PW with pill type heaters the stuff billows. Better than anything else I've tried.
I'm a sucker for Bayberry and Christmas Pine in December.
On 2014-01-19 12:58 AM, ftauss wrote:

Do not use mineral oils. Use a low-burn vegetable oil.
--
Wolf K.
kirkwood40.blogspot.ca