distributed power

Kato offers a "3 way extension". Is this what I need to supply power to different spots on the layout if it is real big? Can I daisy chain them together if I need lots of power input spots?

Reply to
wolfee

Yes,this is what it was designed for,and they can be daisy chained. Before doing this,consider the size of the wire on this unit.I would use this only for a short track section. I built a shelf test track and used Kato track. I used this unit to hook all the track feeders together,only hooking 3.I then hooked this to a bus of 10 ga. wire under the shelf.Another thing I did was to shorten the leads.

UNCLE YESTERDAY WAS TODAY IS TOMORROW WILL BE

Reply to
Richard P. Kubeck

In answer to your email. Yes,you want to use the largest wire for your bus around your layout. It is always recommended that you solder a feeder to every piece of rail.I have not done this in the the 40 some years I have been relaxing in this hobby.I do however use a very unique fluid on all my rail joiners,connections and the pickups on both my engines and my lighted cars. It is called Stabilant,there was an article in Modelrailroading that started me on it. They have a web page at:

Which you might want to read.