"Emperor ofthe North"

If you are not familiar with this title, make sure you catch it on one of the old Movie Channels.

Reply to
agpete

Good movie, but too much violence for my taste. Borgnine is really mean. I prefer Runaway Train with John Voight

Reply to
Cosmopolite

agree, quite violent

but the train scenes are superbly shot

Reply to
R Sweeney

Cosmopolite spake thus:

Now *that* was a great flick. Favorite dialog (paraphrase, anyhow): "Why you, you're like an animal!" "No, worse: human."

Not to mention the great look of that dreadful train slamming through the snowy wilderness. As I remember, an E- or F-unit hitched to one of them box-like road diesels ...

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

You can already get Clintons.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

But it's just one fat book, and one fat suck up. Shrub's promises to be more voluminous, especially if it starts with abandoning his cushy NG post, and insider trading Harken stock, on up through the deaths in an incompetently managed (just ask Gen Eric Shinseki) and unnecessary war.

Reply to
Steve Caple

You have managed to overlook my point. Politics do not belong here; there are plenty of newsgroups that cater to them, of whatever leaning.

I'm absolutely tired of the incessant political shit on this news group, from BOTH sides.

Goodbye.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Brian Paul Ehni spake thus:

Well, you know what they say: don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

Besides, this is all a meta-argument anyhow, as it was based on my sig, not the content of my posting.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Brian Paul Ehni spake thus:

Actually, to address your off-topic remark, you can't: it hasn't been written yet. But it should, and it should include:

- Bombing Baghdad as a device for changing the subject (see "Wag the Dog")

- The unprovoked attack on the Al-Shifa pharmaceutical plant in Khartoum, Sudan

- Going to war against Serbia on the flimsiest of pretexts (if you're seriously interested in this, get ahold of the Rambouillet "agreement", and read Appendix B, which no sane sovereign nation on Earth would ever agree to)

- driving the final stake in welfare ("as we know it"), thus fulfilling the final task of Reagan's agenda

- putting in place an utterly ridiculous and unworkable "don't ask-don't tell" policy in the military

- laying the groundwork for the destruction of NAFTA and future agreements to follow (FTAA, etc.)

There's more, much more, but this would be a good start.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

...Which means instead of being subjected to it just once, you get to pound the dead horse until it's soup....

Reply to
Joe Ellis

Wagging the dog? Remember Kosovo, Somalia, Bosnia, Sudan, and Afghanistan under Wet Willie Klinton?

Klinton again, moron:

It makes perfect sense to me.

Welfare reform started under Klinton and was one of the few good things he did while in office:

"Don't ask, don't tell" was also Klinton's baby, dumbass.

't_ask,_don't_tell

References, please? He's trying to _expand_ NAFTA, not destroy it.

If you're going to push this kind of political crap on a model railroading forum, you need to at least get a better source of information. Then again, people like you don't want a little thing like the truth to stand in the way of your agenda, do you?

Reply to
Watcher

Watcher spake thus:

You obviously suffer from poor reading comprehension, like so many other folks here. Re-read what I wrote and *get a clue*, you moron. I was talking about Clinton. ("Sudan" and "don't ask/don't tell" should have been all the clues you needed.)

While you're at it, you can add the elimination of the Delaney Clause to his (Clinton's) list of crimes.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

"You have managed to overlook my point. Politics do not belong here; there are plenty of newsgroups that cater to them, of whatever leaning."

Don't belong here? Of course they do! Where else are you going to argue politics with your fellow model railroaders?

"I'm absolutely tired of the incessant political shit on this news group, from BOTH sides."

There are much more than two sides. Duh Brian.

Eric

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan