Fitting and testing the Wye on the BM&W

After many weeks of head scratching, measuring, and just plain old trial and error, I've finally managed to get my Wye into place on my Beccaton,
Michaelsberg and Williamstown (BM&W) loft layout.
It's not as long as I'd like it to be, the curves are down to 18" on two sides, I can't get the 6 axle locos round it (and even one of the 4 axle ones won't go round), but it's in place.
Having laid the track I asked Brain Woolven to help me test it. With his help we determined that one curve needed easing to get the locos to go round. This was easily resolved by simply loosening the screws on the 'screw and washer' method I use to hold track in place while I complete wiring, fit point motors, and generally test before fixing with glue at a later date.
Thanks to Brian's help I was able to test most of the 4 axle locos which went through all sides of the Wye without too much difficulty. Photos of parts of these tests can be seen at. http://mikehughes627.fotopic.net/p69064446.html
Now I can add the rest of the tracks to the loco servicing area soon. One of these days I'll get round to doing some proper scenery - anyone want to go to a ballasting party? :-)
--
Mike Hughes

Is it my imagination, or is there a lot more motive power than we've seen before?

There's a lot of motive power. I've recently bought 4 CN locos (2 x GP40's, a GP35 and an SD40 from someone who is rationalising his fleet, plus I've bought a couple of new ones at shows. I've also got several locos I bough years ago which are gradually coming out of the boxes as I get more track to run them on.
I'm hoping to have a few 'open house' days at the beginning of April and this may bring some visiting locos. If you're interested I'll let you know when I've posted photos.
--
Mike Hughes

Please do.
On 15/02/2011 6:57 PM, Mike Hughes wrote:

[...]
Well, you've got enough room, just barely. Not to sweat it though, the prototype also had/has to pay attention to the length of the tail track. Often just long enough for the engine: where land was cheap, a wye is cheaper than a turntable.
Wolf K.
On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 23:57:21 +0000, Mike Hughes wrote:

Looks like plenty of room to me - all it takes is a saw ;) Priorities, man, priorities!