Result of caption 'competition'

For those who have been following the caption 'competition', the winning entry is now on the fotopic site at http://mikehughes627.fotopic.net/p51629238.html
The name of the winner is being kept secret to protect the (not so) innocent!
Two close runners up were: "I don't ask for much really, but look what I get - sob" and "Mike's published WHAT?"
Thanks for all you interest.
Here's another challenge. I know many have looked at the 1968 photo of Cliff. http://mikehughes627.fotopic.net/p51819376.html Can you think of a suitable caption for that photo. Again no monetary value to the winner but you will get your caption added to the photo.
--
Mike Hughes

"Nyet, Comrade Colonel, ze missile silo's are hidden here, and here...."
Cheers Richard
--
www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk snipped-for-privacy@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
I have become... comfortably numb

ROTFL
Brilliant! Cliff *will* amused.
--
Mike Hughes

He said "live frog". I didn't realise we'd have so much trouble catching the damn things again.

"Can someone help please? My shirt's caught on the track and there's a train coming."
Victor

"No, I didn't realise my flies were open".
--
Roland Perry

Victor Papa wrote:

*snicker* I've thought, on and off for *years* - maybe I'll do it when I resolve my design problem and get the set up - about the telephone booth that I put on the side of my western-style station. Lessee, a piece of monofiliment from there, over a wire up several inches, attached to a weight on that side. On the tracks, a woman tied to them (monofiliment running under her), and Snidely Whiplash twirling his mustachios as the train approaches. Train flips a release... and on the other end of the string, in the phone booth... ok, two guesses.
mark "hint: music by John Williams"

Now that may just give Cliff an idea. He absolutely *loves* his gizmos, even down to the gunfight, with sound and light, on his Virginia and Truckee layout :-)
I have some photos of that layout which I'll try to post some time next week.
--
Mike Hughes

Dr Who? ;o)
Keith W wrote:

Sorry, the Doctor (*damn*, that was good tonight) doesn't have music by Williams.
mark "nor does he wear a red cape...."
Isn't it strange these type of innocent photo's can come back to haunt you years later :-)
Bit like an old video of your Dad dancing at a party !
Chris
In message

Yes, but Cliff is taking it all in good part. The competition is still open until Tuesday 23rd. I'll print them off, show Cliff and then post the winner on Wednesday. The picture can be seen at http://mikehughes627.fotopic.net/p51819376.html
Here are some of the entries so far
"Nyet, Comrade Colonel, ze missile silo's are hidden here, and here...."
My wife gave me an ultimatum, and I chose my train set. ??
He said "live frog". I didn't realise we'd have so much trouble catching the damn things again.
"Can someone help please? My shirt's caught on the track and there's a train coming."
"No, I didn't realise my flies were open".
"I know the rest of the hairpiece is around here somewhere"
"I'll bet he really wanted a Futurama."
Dr Who? ;o)
For those interested in 'real' trains I've also posted some photos taken by South Shore member Brian Gilbert during his recent visit to Canada and the USA. I've not put names to any locos so if anyone can help please let me know. Photos start here http://mikehughes627.fotopic.net/p52033940.html
Enjoy!
--
Mike Hughes

[...]
Mike Hughes wrote:

"This is where I bury the cats."
--
wolf k.

"What's that Sooty? You can see a light at the end of the tunnel?"
Sam

Cliff! Have you got a woman in there?
MBQ