Weldment BM

When inserting a weldment BM into a drawing I get one item number and a
quantity of eight parts (i.e. as if they were all identical). The weldment
is made up of two different profiles of varying length segments. Also, a
cut list was established before creating the drawing and BM.
According to the help instructions, I'm doing it correctly.
Any suggestions?
Kman
Reply to
Kman
if the drawing is just for the weldment (part file), no bom is needed as it's just a single item. however, if you use a bom, it should show 1 item, qty 1
for cut list to be correct, each body has to be added to the cut list; for 2005, rmb on cutlist, update for 2004, rmb on body, add to cutlist
Reply to
kenneth b
One use for a cut list is to create a BOM to identify each of the bodies comprising the part (weldment). What I failed to recognize until now is that multiple cut lists within a part are necessary in order to create an itemized BOM for each body or group of bodies as the case may be. The SW help does a poor job of describing all the benefits of weldments and how they might be applied.
2004/SP4.1 This is the procedure I followed when creating the cut list for part file. My problem was that I created one cut list for all the bodies and expected the BOM to show each and every body as an item number.
Kman
Reply to
Kman
agreed, the help file does need improving.
it seems as though you figured this out ... weldments were intended to utilize cut-lists for itemizing/ballooning purposes.
just think of a cut-list as a special bom. i use the same anchor point and formatting for my bom & cut-lists, this helps to ensure the drawings have a consistent look.
Reply to
kenneth b