Reordering Weldment Cutlist items?

In SW2005 I'm not finding a way to reorder items in a weldment cutlist, am I missing something?

Reply to
overhere

you can sort by any column except item number -- right click on, for example, length column & choose SORT --Ascending or descending -- item numbers & balloons will auto update. I have not tried it yet -- but you might try adding another column & putting in item numbers you want in the order you want & the try sorting by that column.

you can also manually do this by unchecking the automatic option on the weldment cut lists & manually creating cut list folders & grouping the bodies (in the order you want it to appear in the table). This seems unrealistic as it requires thinking -- I know I don't want to do that! :-)

Ultimately we probably need to fillout the Enhancement request form to add the functionality to select a row & choose move up or down -- like you can with columns. I hope my first suggestion will work for you. please let us all know if it does so we can learn from anything you have done as well

I hope this helps Steve T.

Reply to
SteveT

yup I just did a quick test here -- adding another column is a really nice workaround.

  1. add a column in the weldment cut list called TEMP right next to item number column
  2. number the cells according to the order you want the items listed.
  3. right click on the TEMP column & chose "sort" --> "ascending."
  4. delete the TEMP column

you now have a reordered cut list.

Hope this helps Steve T.

Reply to
SteveT

Thanks for the info, I hadn't thought to mess with the cutlist in the drawing, I was trying to reorder the items from the part file, seemed some how..logical-lol. (to me at least)

Sw2006 has some nice new features in weldments, I wonder if the 'tweaked' this any...

SteveT wrote:

Reply to
whitmeister