Foresting accesories for N scale

Hello

I'm planning to do an Ntrak module with a foresting theme, not so hard to get a saw mill and trucks , but does anyone know a manufacturer of figures for this theme? And to make it a little harder :-) ones that i can get mailed to Holland.

Grtz Jan

Reply to
Jan (Bouli) Van Gerwen

Try

they have a great deal of N scale. Woodland Scenics makes a great deal of figures now. They might have something you can use.

Reply to
Frank Rosenbaum

Sometimes it is just necessary to scratchbuild the things you need. Making a silicone (2 part silicone rubber stuff is available to make this fairly easy) and casting the parts needed (you'll usually need much more than one part!) like truck cabs and so forth are probably what you need. You can do them in Cerro type bithsmuth metals which melt in hot water is the best stuff for this. You can also do them in some of the epoxies that are compatible with the silicone rubber if desired. If you really get wound up in this, you can also end up selling a bunch of the parts to others as a side business.

Bob May

Thanx Bob, i hadn't thought of replicating other bits and pieces to make something i could use. I am quite handy , but have never done any casting, do you know a website where there's a useable guide for beginners to scratchbuilding?

Grtz Jan

I konw i can google but you get so many sites that are unusable, it's hard to find the trees through the forest.

Reply to
Jan (Bouli) Van Gerwen

Thanks Frank, have had a look at walthers before , but there site is a bit tricky if you don't know the right manufacturers. Will look again and just search for anything with log, wood, forest etc.

Grtz Jan

Reply to
Jan (Bouli) Van Gerwen

Jan (Bouli) Van Gerwen spake thus:

Here's a page which shows the process of casting parts in resin from a mold, to give you the basic idea:

Of course, this doesn't tell you how to make the mold. I'll try to find a page that shows that. Pretty simple and straightforward, though. (The material to use here is RTV (room-temperature vulcanizing) silicone rubber--"blue rubber", which you mix from 2 liquid parts and pour over the master part you want to make castings from. When the mold sets, you pull out the master part and you can then use it as you'd use a mold shown in this page.)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

You might get some of the unpainted n-scale figures by Preiser and paint them to look like lumberjacks.

Reply to
Ken Rice