N scale FTs, which is best?

Hello to the Group! Which FTs are better? Intermountain or Micro-Scale? I'm looking to get the ATSF version, I was told that MT did the freight version in the blue/yellow 1960s scheme. How available are they? Are they like the MT freight cars being collectable? (I want to run mine on a small coffie table layout and don't want to pay a collector price.) Does IM make the same paint scheme? Anyone do a passenger verison of them? Did either company make the units with couplers on both ends or is it like Stewart HO verison with the draw bar? What about side lights/number panels? Finally how do they run? Anybody own the want to post a report? Thanks to all again. Paul

Reply to
res0xur8

While I don't own either manufacturer's product -- I did see a comparison of both at my local N scale dealer. I tend to think from what I saw, the Intermountain ones were done better and looked better.

Reply to
Steve Hoskins