Fraudulent Members

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 20:04:15 GMT, John wrote:

Actually, I'd have to ask my brother - one of his old SCCA buddies was a dentist everybody called The Tooth Fairy. But my point remains, it's about as likely.
--
Steve

unsubstantiated and premature, unless judgment has been rendered by a court.<
Ah, the possible victim (laying on the street with a bullet hole in the head) may have been the possible victim of a possible crime perpetrated by a possible criminal. Does anyone see how just hanging them as in the olden days might prevent possible future possible crimes.

Just shoot 'em in the butt. Then the possibilities are endless. :-)
I've had stuff come damaged in the mails (and UPS, and Fedex). I've had a check from a customer get mangled in the post office and delivered two months late with the little "oopsie!" post office message rubber-stamped on it, and enclosed in a baggie. Shit happens. What we ASSUME after hearing only one side of a story can be different than what actually happened. Rush to judgement in life threatening situations, otherwise wait a bit. Time wounds all heels.

Also I forgot if you are interested in my thoughts just substitute the word Lawyer!

regardless of where you live< Must be a lawyer, sure sound like one.
Jon Miller spake thus:

Yeah, all the eeevils in the world are because of them high-price lawyers, talking all that fancy lawyer-talk and making all them goldurn laws. Whyn't we just go and take 'em out?
You really do sound like a redneck, you know. How many trucks up on blocks in your 1/4 acre?
--
Pierre, mon ami. Jetez encore un Scientologiste
dans le baquet d'acide.

blocks in your 1/4 acre?< Actually I own 5 acres and there were tons of trucks on it. It's called downtown Dallas!
"Jim McLaughlin" <jim.mclaughlin> wrote in message

Within a week, a person can't even see the warning any more....

When eBay posts a warning, it sure stays available longer than five days. Choochooauctions.com has a lot to learn about issuing warnings.
in article xdE5g.8918$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com, Mark Mathu at snipped-for-privacy@mathu.com wrote on 5/2/06 12:53 AM:

Maybe they read this thread and realized that they were on thin ice legally and possibly had violated their own privacy T&C's (revealed a members information prior to "proving" fraudulent activity).
I think at least some lessons for sellers is to not ship prior to payment confirmation; insure your parcels; use USPS with tracking to allow for a mail fraud investigation; understand your credit card merchant account chargeback policies; understand that "shrinkage" is a cost of doing business and that sometimes you will be ripped off.
For buyers: pay with PayPal or credit card so you have at least some recourse for non-delivery or misrepresentation; understand your cc issuers charge contest procedures; if you have questions about the merchanise specification, contact the seller before bidding or buying.
And for both: realize that the auction site basically won't help you and has no legal liability.
--
Ed Oates
http://homepage.mac.com/edoates

What will choochooauctions.com do differently in the future to try to prevent things like this from happening again?