General Motors - Diesel Hydraulic GMDH-1

Anyone kitbashed one of these locos.

Who has some drawings ?

Charlie

Reply to
sswcharlie

Anyone ever hear of this?.. OHHH GOOGLE...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

OHHHH one of those!..

which yields:

Big Rich Soprano

Ahhhh, now we know where the Edsel stylists were exiled to - Ford dumped them on GM!

Reply to
Steve Caple

hehehe good one!.. Although i have to admit these units are kinda catchy in the style department...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

OP was asking about drawings.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Reply to
Dan

At least there were several of these. As opposed to the Ingalls 4-S 'turret cab', of which there was only ONE, on the GM&O and a brass model of it is being offered.

OTOH Van Hobbies/PFM did a model of CPR/MLW's one and only RSD-17, the "Empress of Agincourt"

Mountain Goat

I know but this was the best i've found so far...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

That reminds me of the GM Futurliner bus...

Big Rich Soprano

OK, I could have gone all year without a visual of highways coast to coast full of Greyhound Futurliners.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Reply to
Dan

Here's a start..

Big Rich Soprano

JC Smith Jr did a drawing in an issue of X2200S a while back.

From another news group at another time:

Where can I find drawings of the GMDH-1 switchers. Needed for a HO project build. Anyone done a kitbash etc.

JC Smith Jr did a drawing in an issue of X2200S a while back

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

On 11/3/2007 9:03 AM Steve Caple spake thus:

Actually, you're probably thinking more of the "Aerotrain":

Now *there's* a great train that looks just like a '57 Chevy.

Denks Gott it doesn't look like *this* Aerotrain:

That's uggggggly.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

I always thought there was something neat about that one. Not a pretty loco, just interesting.

Looks like someone was brought up on comic books.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Reply to
Dan

That may be the best you've found, but it's not what the original poster asked for, and your wise-guy reply "Anyone ever hear of this?.. OHHH GOOGLE..." wasn't warranted, unless you can supply a Google link to GMDH-1drawings. In the future, I suggest you read more closely what the message is asking for before ypu play the "Google card..."

Reply to
Mark Mathu

SC:

The horsecollar is an acquired taste, but IMHO the Edsel isn't a bad- looking car.

Neither is this locomotive, actually. Something looks French or maybe German about it. It's probably the cant-sided turret cab. If I'd never seen it before, and somebody showed me one painted in SNCF colors, it would seem almost normal.

Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, the Venango & Erie.

Reply to
pawlowsk002

On 11/8/2007 11:54 AM snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu spake thus:

So I was right: it reminds me a lot of the Krauss-Maffei diesel-hydraulic locos, which I've actually seen in person (rotting carcasses sitting next to the former Sacramento Locomotive Works/present California Railroad Museum "boneyard"). Definitely Euro styling.

BTW, Gerald P: you might want to check your news agent (looks like Mozilla something-or-other) settings, as all your lines wrap in an ugly fashion. Line lengths set too long?

And what's a "horsecollar"?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Steve Caple

Oh blow it out yer tailpipe - as you evidently didn't see because you didn't read the whole thread, i've gone out of my way to find even one front view drawing of this elusive prototype - nuff said...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

Huhh? I don't think there's ever been anything like that designed in Europe - well, other than a Piccasso nude. Pure USA.

It's a collar placed on a horse so that it can more comfortably pull loads.

Reply to
Greg Procter