Good bye

I thought this was a group for model railroading.
That's why I came here.
But, I was wrong.
This group appears to be more for arguments and the use of four letter
words.
I apologize for getting involved in a "off topic" discussion, but,
I don't need this kind of garbage.
BYE.
On Thu, 10 May 2007 10:25:28 -1000, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

There's got to be some universal rule of order that demands anyone named Irene can only say "Good Night" and never goodbye. If there's not one, I hereby declare it so.
This newsgroup has unfortunately been invaded by a troll of the highest order. He baits, taunts and grabs attention from model railroading pushing the real folk, such as yourself, out. If you surrender to him, he wins and that's what he seeks.
Ignore the trolls. Discuss what you want to discuss and nothing more. If you wish to taunt the trolls by teasing them, at least enjoy it. I always do. I have a knack for getting them all worked up and I enjoy the sport. My trains still love me. -- Ray
Good response Ray... it's sad that we have to pick our way through the troll droppings to enjoy our discussions on model railroading, but I guess that's the price we pay for living in a microchip world.
You put it very well.
Carter Braxton
instead replied:

Yahoo has a variety of model train groups, HO, DCC forums, early rail, civil war. Search for what you want. You can search the 'Net for model train forums and you will get possibilities.
Irene wrote:

Bullshit. Your first post was a snipe at David N. about his opinions of Wal-Mart. So was your second. Model railroading was a mere footnote, and an unconvincing one at that.

Ooowah! Four-letter words! You claim to be 67, and to have had 45 years in the workforce - you've never encountered robust language before now?
I'll lay odds you've been sworn at before.

No, not when you can indulge in similar garbage on other newsgroups like alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Yeah, seeya, troll.
On Fri, 11 May 2007 12:27:23 +1000, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Ooh, I like your new sig file. It suits. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

Glad you like it. More than anything else I crave the approval of a blow-in sandgroper.
Newton you are now faking names, then quitting, then attacking them yourself? Please get a life and find god.

Irene spake thus:

Well, Grandma Irene, like they say, don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out ...
--
Any system of knowledge that is capable of listing films in order
of use of the word "fuck" is incapable of writing a good summary

You didn't "get involved" in an off topic discussion, you started this thread. There's a big difference. In the former case, you would have just added your comments to a thread. In this instance you made the decision to spread fertilizer.

You should have thought about that before you dumped your contribution in the group.

Ditto.

I was just curious to see what folks would post.
Oh, but I did enter an on going discussion. While I did start the "Good Bye" thread, the thread being referenced and the one that I entered was:
HO scale vehicle @ Wal-Mart
I think, if you take the time to read that thread, you will find mine was the 26th post to it, two days after it was begun and some dozen posts after it's subject was diverted from what HO scale gear was available at Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart's competitive practices.
Like many on the UseNet, you jumped into something before you fully aware of what you were jumping into.

I think that I should have done what I normally do with some people, consider the source and move on, allowing them to make fools of themselves on their own.

That's one way of relieving your self of the need to be able to read, isn't it? >grin<

It actually makes it easier to read important things. {;^)

simply killfile the trolls and those who respond to them, it cleans up the group wonderfully