Help finding garden railway design software.

I'm about to deisgn a garden railroad and am looking for some easy-to-use design software. Atlas' Right Track is great, but there is
nothing in G-scale, just N, HO, and O. Do any of you have any suggestions?
in article snipped-for-privacy@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, video guy - www.locoworks.com at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote on 8/3/06 12:46 PM:

I use Empire Express on my Macintosh OS X system.
http://www.haddonsoftware.com /
There is also a product named Railmodeller for which I have the demo copy. I've seen o particular reason to change to it.
http://www.railmodeller.com
--
Ed Oates
http://homepage.mac.com/edoates

I'd suggest XTrkCad, which does indeed have some Gn3 scale parameter files (LGB's parts).
http://www.sillub.com/ OR http://sourceforge.net/projects/xtrkcad /
XTrkCad is available in binary form for Linux and MS-Windows AND is open source. I don't know if the source code will build as-is under MacOSX or not (it might if you have the proper support libraries (X11, glib+-1.2, and gtk+-1.2) installed, along with the needed tool chain (gcc, gas, linker, etc.).

--
Robert Heller -- 978-544-6933

I didn't see the source downloads on either of these pages can you give me a link to them? Thanks.

--
The lotto must be rigged, I should have won by now.
Modular furniture is cruel and unusual.
On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 17:49:12 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@bigbox.wan.vpn (Paul Newhouse) wrote:

Use <http://www.sillub.com/ and try scrolling down the page till you get to the bit about downloads. Keith
On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 17:49:12 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@bigbox.wan.vpn (Paul Newhouse) wrote:

Oops, sorry, you did say 'source'
Keith

YUP! You mentioned "open source" so I was looking for the "source". I had no problem finding the firmware.
Paul
--
The lotto must be rigged, I should have won by now.
Modular furniture is cruel and unusual.
At Fri, 04 Aug 2006 17:49:12 -0000 snipped-for-privacy@bigbox.wan.vpn (Paul Newhouse) wrote:

There aren't source tarballs. You have to download from the CVS. Go to the sourceforge page above and click on the 'CVS' link and follow the information there.

--
Robert Heller -- 978-544-6933

I like RR-Track at http://www.rrtrack.com / I found this software at a TCA York swap meet and initially bought it for developing a Lionel post-war O gauge layout and a pre-war standard gauge layout. The program was easy to use and it has a good library of the Lionel accessories. When I got into G-gauge, I added the Aristo and LGB track libraries and used RR-Track to design my backyard layout. I was very impressed that the software has the exact dimensions for these G gauge track systems (a 5' straight section is NOT 5' long!!), so that I was able to cut fitters to the RR-Track predicted lengths and everything fit perfectly. Geezer