HO or N...again with the question (sort of a long ramble)

Yup...I've read it over and over again. While spending yet another sleepless night in bed (Last night), I actually came up with an N plan that would suit me.

Heh...my wife would like me to do N because it is "cuter". :)

-John

*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North American*
Reply to
Ditch

That is another option. I can model one scale at home and check out the clubs in the area for the other scale.

-John

*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North American*
Reply to
Ditch

You are probably right. I am leaning towards it. While at work today waiting for the freight to be loaded on the plane, I went thru the Walthers catalog and studied the signaling pages going to myself "Hey, I can use that...and that...and this over there". Saturday I am going to be at the GATS show in San Mateo...we will see what my wallet starts leaning towards. :)

-John

*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North American*
Reply to
Ditch

In may case, N scale won out purely for space considerations. I'd rather have done HO because of the availability of stuff, but on the other hand, I like using Kato Unitrack, and Kato has a wider variety of track sections and accessories than their HO stuff. I have a nice little layout on a 3x6 platform which will soon be expanded as soon as I can get rid of all the junk my wife has collected that is taking up valuable modeling space in the basement.

-CB

Reply to
Cyberbilly

It's not difficult to custom paint in N. I have my own road name, so I do a lot of it. A lot of newer decal sets are available in HO and N.

Reply to
Joe Ellis

I guess maybe it takes practice...to me N would be difficult to custom paint and decal.

-John

*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North American*
Reply to
Ditch

A not unimportant point...

It is also very common for ideas to come to one in the morning. After worrying about it on the previous day, I take the problem home (in my head of course) and quite often the answer will come to me driving in to work the next morning.

David J. Starr

David J. Starr

Reply to
David J. Starr

John; I see that in your mind you realize N Scale is the way to go, but you are concerned about the fact that you have never done N before.

I own an N scale only shop, let me tell you that my 6,000+ N scale customers seem very happy with their choice in scales. I would like to convince you that N scale is the way to go (insert ulterior motive). There is a great N scale publication called 'N Scale Railroading'. If you send me your address I would be glad to send you a few issues to show you what others have done in the best scale available.

Scott snipped-for-privacy@nscalesupply.com N Scale Supply

N Scale Supply

snipped-for-privacy@nscalesupply.com (N Scale Supply) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

I'll vouch for N Scale Railroading (not affiliated with the magazine nor even a subscriber - just a happy reader) -- I don't even model North American prototype but still consider the magazine a valuable resource of ideas, news and techniques!!!!

Reply to
JB/NL

Yup will agree with all of that...

N Scale has so many advantages..

but for older people with bad eyesight, and nerves it can be a bit of a chore... most of the blokes in our club that are getting on, have moved to HO, which is good as they sell their mass N scale empires (1 bloke had 49 GP40's alone!) for cheap!

Reply to
Biggus

Salvé "Ditch" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m04.aol.com...

well you could paint it pinkish and hang it outside a chinese restaurant....

you are nothing until you have flown a Sopwith , Supermarine or an Avro....... :)))))

Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Ouch!

-John

*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North American*
Reply to
Ditch

salvé "Ditch" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m07.aol.com...

restaurant....

I tell my daughter that I'm going to download some chinese cat recipes, becauase she's overfed her cat to the extent that it looks as though its about to explode.......its not Persian perhaps its one of these Iraqi WMD's that everyone keeps talking about, Saddam Pussein strikes again..... Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

We sort of have a cat like that. This one dwarfs the others...but he isn't fat....just HUGE and all muscle. The thing weighs 20 pounds and his tail stands over 3 feet tall. It's like a little mountain lion living in the apartment.

Maybe I should model Tokyo and dress him up in a lizard suit and let him trash the scene...I can make the next Godzilla movie....TOHO Productions better watch out.

-John

*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North American*
Reply to
Ditch

fat....just HUGE and all muscle. The thing weighs 20 pounds and his tail stands over 3 feet tall.<

I hate to tell you this but that's not a house cat!

Reply to
Jon Miller

Is too! We've got a ginger tom who matches that description - chases the neighbours dogs (and the neighbour on one occassion) and considers my baseboards to be his personal scratching posts.

Reply to
Gregory Procter