[HO] USRA Light Mikados

According to Steve Caple's comment in this thread a few days back, Broadway already has a USRA liight Mikado. news:6hktfxpcrok4$.df0votkrt6kc$. snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net

And that seems a foregone conclusion in this discussion

How does the Blue Line and Broadway's regular line differ - I assume just less fidelity in external details?

Reply to
Mark Mathu

less fidelity in external details?<

Decoder. The earlier BLI engines had a QSI decoder and the Blueline have a sound only decoder, making it a DC engine. Adding your own motor decoder will make it a DCC engine.

Reply to
Jon Miller

. . . and these must both have the sound only decoder, since the price is the same.

Reply to
Steve Caple

I don't think so. QSI doesn't make a sound only decoder. If you can get one of the early imports (with QSI, not Stealth) for the same price as a Blueline I would suggest buying it!

Reply to
Jon Miller

I replied to fast. The Blueline engines are not available yet but are list $230 (around $184 street) , plus you need to add a motor decoder. Ebay has an early one (290180331635) for $270.

Reply to
Jon Miller