JMRI Operations

I'm interested in comparing JMRI Operations to ShipIt and RailOP for computer-generated manifests and switching lists. I've previously used ShipIt and am currently using RailOP. RailOP is OK, but doesn't have much support from the owner. It does have a very active user group.

I would like to learn how users feel about JMRI Operations. Does it have a user group? What are its strengths and weaknesses?

Reply to
Old.Professor

I don't know anything about JMRI Operations, but if you are looking at other switch list based freight car forwarding system, you might want to have a look at the Freight Car Forwarder program that is included as part of the Model Railroad System. Runs under Linux or MS-Windows. Source included.

Reply to
Robert Heller

"Old.Professor" wrote in news:f278d109-2c5e- snipped-for-privacy@n31g2000vbt.googlegroups.com:

If you go to Yahoo! Groups, there's a group called jmriusers that should be able to answer most of your questions. It might be worth looking there for a JMRI Operations group also.

I'd encourage you to download and play with JMRI and see how you like the operations aspect. The investment will only be your time (unless you need some hardware to see it work for real.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper