JMRI Operations

I'm interested in comparing JMRI Operations to ShipIt and RailOP for computer-generated manifests and switching lists. I've previously used
ShipIt and am currently using RailOP. RailOP is OK, but doesn't have much support from the owner. It does have a very active user group.
I would like to learn how users feel about JMRI Operations. Does it have a user group? What are its strengths and weaknesses?
At Sat, 9 Jan 2010 14:42:40 -0800 (PST) "Old.Professor"

I don't know anything about JMRI Operations, but if you are looking at other switch list based freight car forwarding system, you might want to have a look at the Freight Car Forwarder program that is included as part of the Model Railroad System. Runs under Linux or MS-Windows. Source included.

--
Robert Heller -- 978-544-6933

If you go to Yahoo! Groups, there's a group called jmriusers that should be able to answer most of your questions. It might be worth looking there for a JMRI Operations group also.
I'd encourage you to download and play with JMRI and see how you like the operations aspect. The investment will only be your time (unless you need some hardware to see it work for real.)
Puckdropper