Operations Tutorial

Any sites out there that feature tutorials on desigining an operation scheme? An explanation of car card/waybill forwarding would be great as well. I'd like to start creating a timetable for my railroad and test it virtually before finishing the rest of the physical layout- to make sure all will run smoothly. tia

-TG

Reply to
Tim Gill

You might find some of the info you need among the data located here:

Rick Jones

```````` Tim,

Here's one place with lots of good info...enjoy!

Paul - "The CB&Q Guy" North Central Illinois - *USA*

Reply to
Paul K - The CB&Q Guy

One thing you could do would be to purchase Ship It software. It's not car cards, but a computer program that generates switchlists based on your industries. The program allows you to adjust things like an industry's production rate, how soon it needs empties, what the company makes or what its consignments (incoming loads) are, etc.

The website is

There's a demo available for testing.

There's also a great discussion group on Yahoo at

. You may want to stop there and ask them how they'd set up the program for testing.

I use Ship It and love it. HOWEVER, know that it's not the easiest program to learn, and it has a lot of "ins" and "outs" (pun intended), but the Yahoo Group is great at helping you get through those.

-Gerry Leone

Gerry Leone

Thanks for all the info guys!

-TG

Reply to
Tim Gill

Tim, Try this:

fast and easy and will get you started in no time.

Best,

Steve Lynch

Steven Lynch