Kato N-scale SD-70MAC and code 55 track...

Well... I bought a section or two of Atlas Code 55 flextack to do some fullsize templates for my layout under construction (Well...ok...It is still in the planning stage, but will be breaking ground in a week or so) and ran into this problem.

I have an N-scale Kato SD-70MAC and when I set it on the track, thr fuel tank just barely hits the tops of the rails. Anyone else have this problem and if so, is there a solution? Thanks..

-John

*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North American*
Reply to
Ditch

If the fuel tank doesn't have much clearance on Code 55, it won't have much clearance on any other rail either. The fuel tank will be the same distance off the rails no matter what rail, as it's a fixed distance between the wheel treads to the fuel tank bottom.

Maybe the fuel tank is not pushed up against the frame of the loco enough.

Reply to
Steve Hoskins

No. The fuel tanks on mine clear the rail just fine. As Steve points out check to see that the tank is pressed up against the frame.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

Make sure the fuel tank is not on backwards...

Larry at Papas Trains

Reply to
LarEyman

I don't have a Kato SD-70 but I do have a Kato SD40. It has a plastic clip-on packing piece under the fuel tank. Have you removed it?

Reply to
Gordon

That was the problem. Thanks for the advice. I am now a happy camper again.