Keeping layouts clean?

Does that involve serving chili after operating sessions?

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Just a "modest" $29,793 in 2006 dollars.

Reply to
Henry Murray

That's optional. I do not include beans in my chili recipes, although, I almost always serve them as a side-dish. Thank you.

Jerry

Reply to
trainjer

This is actually fairly common now for certain buildings.

Positive pressurization means adding a makeup air fan and duct between the room in question and the rest of the house and/or outside. Rest of the house would probably be better if just doing one room, as the air is already heated / cooled. Letting in a whole lot of outside air means radically changing the heating / air conditioning needs of the room.

If all you have is a single bedroom or some such dedicated to the railroad, then the easiest solution would probably be to put a duct booster fan into the duct between the room in question and the rest of the house. Something in the neighborhood of 300 cfm or so should provide fairly good positive pressurization for just one room - if the door is kept closed most of the time. You will also want to add a small air filter so that the air coming in to cause the pressurization isn't also carrying dirt. To effectively pressurize an entire house or basement, you are looking at a lot more cfm and it will depend a lot on the air leaks in the house. You're going to want to plug those up first (which, if you want things clean, should be done anyway so that dirt sources are reduced).

Reply to
gl4316

Touche. But, as I said, consider the date of the original article. Thank you. Jerry

Reply to
trainjer