DC train control circuit update

I have made some important changes to my DC train control circuits. See my web page for details.
Terry Flynn
http://angelfire.com/clone/rail/index.html
HO wagon weight and locomotive tractive effort estimates
DC control circuit diagrams
HO scale track and wheel standards
Any scale track standard and wheel spread sheet

Good site Terry. Alot of people are interested in your weights, so it is a timely reminder.
Regards, David Head

A timely reminder to avoid sites that are spoilt by the advertising pop-ups and the attempt to install the Google toolbar. I've nothing against Google, BTW, but *I* will decide whether I need any of its tools.
I, for one, will not be bookmarking the site.
MBQ

That is true, I wer enot talking about the site hosts, but the content of the site. I and terry too would agree it is not a great site as such for all thos !#@$ popups etc. Eureka Models is plaqued by some issues as well as ILM's website.
Easy for some of us to say change web providers, not all are Internet savy.
Perhaps I should have said good content, bad host site.
Regards, David Head

I'd agree with this. Sites with advertising popups like this are usually a sign that it is a 'free' host or that the site owner has chosen the wrong package. In my opinion, this sort of thing looks __really__ amaturish. Pay nothing, get nothing. For commercial enterprises it looks really bad. They really should pay for proper hosting with no advertising. BTW: Angelfire is a major source of spam, so if you're using an email address on this site, don't be surprised if you get a lot of mail blocked when you send it.
Graham Plowman
On 17 Feb 2007 02:42:59 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gppsoftware.com wrote:

They also harvest addresses the emails are sent to.

On Feb 17, 9:42 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gppsoftware.com wrote:

The fact this site has provided me with a way of providing model railway information at no cost, other then keeping up to date spam filters, which is necessary these days anyway. My site is not commercial, and the time taken to close the pop up is worth the years of use I have had from this site, over 10 years at no cost. My hobby is model railways, not web page artist, hence the basic format done by a web page amateur in my case.
Terry Flynn
http://angelfire.com/clone/rail/index.html
HO wagon weight and locomotive tractive effort estimates
DC control circuit diagrams
HO scale track and wheel standards
Any scale track standard and wheel spread sheet
NSWGR wrote:

TF:
Good reply. Come on, folks. Content > appearance, remember. I have my own browser set to not run scripts by default and that eliminates most pop-ups.
Cordially yours: Gerard P.
snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu wrote:

Just look at the Peco website <www.peco-uk.com> and think "I can do better than that"!
--