DC control

After some testing of the circuits on my web page some minor changes are recommended. I have removed 2 diodes and changed capacitor values on the power supply circuit so the maximum track voltage is above 12V. The original circuit resulted in a 10V maximum. On the block circuit diagram I have added

2 diodes to improve protection of the output transistors and increased the value of the track filter capacitor to limit unwanted electrical spikes from motors.
Reply to
Terry Flynn

He was quiet but someone must have let him out of the mental asylum.

I wonder if the medication works

Nathan

Reply to
Nathan & Rebecca Cox

Which bit of the circuit are you having trouble with Nathan? I will now work fine for lots of Lima 44's.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Im not what made you think I was.Don't put words in my mouth.

I will now work

So whats your point idiot.May I suggest you take your medication.

Nathan

Reply to
Nathan & Rebecca Cox

- It works for low torque pancake motored pieces of rubbish, like the lima

44's you own.

- Terry Flynn

HO wagon weight and locomotive tractive effort estimates

DC control circuit diagrams

HO scale track standards

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Hear, hear Flynn. I own a Lima 44. How dare you elevate it to "rubbish" status!

CH

Reply to
Captain Handbrake

So f-ing wot, atleast they run for the time being.We aren't all perfectionists like you. G.A.G.Y.S.F

The only rubbish here is you.Come have a go at me face to face, STFU

Nathan

Reply to
Nathan & Rebecca Cox

GAGYSF???

Look instead of being like that just kill file him. Much easier and far less grief involved.

Reply to
Greg Rudd

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Lets see Lima 44 verses Trainorama 44. Your layout or mine. What challenge's do you wish the lima to loose. Accuracy, Lima looses, tractive effort, Lima looses, slow speed running Lima looses. detail, Lima looses. The list goes on. It is not much of a contest.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Are you serious Mr. Cox? The Lima 44 is the prototype for toy train rubbish. It is a terrible piece of model work and has no place on any but a toy train layout. As a toy train, it is probably OK, but as a scale model it is a poor candidate. Perhaps you are just picking on Flynn?

Reply to
Captain Handbrake

So F-ing what.Each to their own have you ever heard this saying before.

Nathan

Reply to
Nathan & Rebecca Cox

He makes it so easy, but as I have stated before, if you don't agree with him, your automatically in his bad books.

Im happy with what I have got until fianances improve, but with supporting a family (two adults, 1 child and another on the way), buying stuff for the layout comes last

Nathan

Nathan

Reply to
Nathan & Rebecca Cox

Lieracy counts. You "loose".

Reply to
Steve Caple

Hmm, yes. We go back and forth. We agree on some things and disagree on others. He's dead wrong about DCC, but that gainsaying could go on forever, and ever, for ever and ever, halleluja ~

I suppose you do what you have to do and be satisfied with it. I've been there. Raised several kids m'self. They ~are~ expensive. They're analog, you know.

Reply to
Captain Handbrake

My son was definitely digital - always had his fingers into everything and usually broke everything!

Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Well my son hasnt tried to touch my models yet.But im sure he will.But I think supporting a family is much more important than repowering a Lima Model to Flynn's standards.A model train cant pay the bills and you cant eat a model train.So the family comes first.

Nathan

Reply to
Nathan & Rebecca Cox

If you were really hungry, I reckon you could eat a model train. It wouldn't be very nutritious, though :)

Reply to
Roy Wilke

Boy, I would have wished I had proofread that one a little better...

Reply to
Cheery Littlebottom

LOL not to my tastes

Reply to